Monday, July 29, 2013

Finding A Groove

I'm starting to feel alright about working out.  First, I'll tell you what I've done since my last blog. 

Friday:  I don't think I did any exercise.  If I did, I don't remember what it was.
Saturday: 1 hr of zumba
Sunday: 1:2 jogging interval for 20 minutes (1.33 miles)
              Leg press 90 lbs 3x12
              Squats (body weight) 3x12
              Rotary Calf Machine 70 lbs 3x15
              Leg Extension 50 lbs 3x12
Today:  DB Chest Press 12 lb db 3x12
             Modified Push-Ups 3x12
             Tricep Pushdowns 30 lbs 3x12
             Lateral Raises 5 lb db 3x8
             Front Raise 5 lb db 3x8
             Elliptical for 20 min

Zumba is always fun, and I'll do it pretty much any time I can.  You just dance, who would not love that.  Plus, I love Latin music, and from what I hear 60% of any zumba class should be Latin music.  I also love weights.  I hate the soreness that follows, but I love using weights.  My problem always comes with cardio and eating well.  I don't know why, but I just hate cardio.  It was such a problem for me to stay on the elliptical.  I originally planned to do 30 min, but I was bored and just didn't want to, so I bailed after 20 min.  My gym used to have an Arctrainer.  I loved that machine and it made getting in cardio much easier.  About a month ago they got rid of them and bought new ellipticals.  I wish I could have afforded to buy them from my gym, but they wanted $2000...yeah...no thank you.  I remember getting to the point where I really enjoyed running.  I'm hoping to get to that point again really soon.  This week will start a new set of intervals for me.  I'm looking at the C25k plan and tweaking it for me and what I feel comfortable doing.  I'll be sure to come back and post what I decided to do tomorrow.

The soreness from Thursdays leg session was pretty intense.  Those deadlifts were something serious lol!  Deadlifts are one of my favorite exercises, but I have always been using pretty light weights (normally 20 lbs because I only have 10 lb db at home).  So, jumping up to a total of 40 lbs gave my hamstrings a shock.  It was pretty easy to do, but the soreness said otherwise lol!  I can still feel the soreness when I stretch.  Shockingly, I feel no soreness at all from Sunday.  I would normally have sore quads and calves, but so far...nothing.  I did cheat a little on Sunday, because I was sore from Thursday.  So, I did not use any weights for squats, and I halved the weight on the leg press.  I'll pick it back up next time. 

I guess the bottom line is that I am feeling alright, and I feel like I am finding my groove.  I know I can work harder, and hopefully I will this week.  I'm just happy to be active again.

I know it's weird, but this song pumps me up lol!
Phil Collins - Sussudio

No comments:

Post a Comment