Monday, July 28, 2014

Day 2

Today's blog should be pretty quick.  I don't have too much to say, but I wanted to make a record of what I did today.  I would also like to add that my legs are not sore.  I can tell that I worked them, but I am not what I would call sore.  My soreness normally kicks in 36-48 hrs after I workout, so I will let you know how I am feeling tomorrow.

I am happy to say that I did workout today even though I did not feel like it.  TMI Alert: I can feel TOM coming along...probably later today or first thing in the morning.  I am starting to feel really crappy.  Anyway, I woke up late, but I went to the gym for a little cardio and upper body strength training.  Like yesterday, I did 20 minutes on the elliptical. I am starting to think of this as my warm-up.  It gets my body loose and prepared for whatever else I plan to do.  So, here's what I did.  Oh, all strength training exercises were on machines, no dumbbells.

Elliptical 20 min
Tricep Extension 30 lbs (3x12)
Bicep Curl 20 lbs (3x12)
Fly 30 lbs (3x12)
Lat Pulldown 40 lbs (3x12)
Chest Press 30 lbs (3x12)
Shoulder Press 20 lbs (3x12)

Shoulder press was the hardest thing I did.  Shoulder exercise have always been difficult for me though, even when I was actually in shape years ago.  I dread shoulder exercise for that reason, because no matter what, it's always a struggle.  I did it though.  I want to quit after my first set, but I kept going and I am proud of that.  In a week or two I will add in pushups.  I am trying not to do too much my first week back.  I don;t mind being sore, but I want to be able to move some lol!

Like yesterday, I feel weak, but I have to forget the awesome things I used to do and just know I will get back there and even surpass that if I keep at it.  I thought about going walking, but changed my mind.  Tomorrow is my cardio only day, so I will do some walking tomorrow.  Have a great day people!

Lady Gaga: Applause

No comments:

Post a Comment