Sunday, July 27, 2014

Exercise Feels Good

I have a love/hate relationship with exercise.  It's normally not so bad once I started.  I actually really enjoy it most of the time once I get started.  Well, I should say that I do not like cardio.  I really enjoy weight training.  I know that you need cardio though, so for me it;s mostly a matter of finding cardio that I do enjoy.  In the past I have found that to be zumba or the Arctrainer.  My gym got rid of its Arctrainer though, so I will have to figure something else out.  I am also working too late now to make it to my zumba classes.  I am just all the way messed up with cardio now lol!  I do have some options though.  I can borrow zumba dvds from my sister until my schedule changes (about a month from now).  My aunt has said I can try water aerobics at her pool.  That might be fun, but I'm not really sure what to do for water aerobics.  I have taken one water aerobics class, but that was about three years ago.  I can google it though right?  Of course I can lol!  SO basically I just have to make up my mind to do it.

I decided to wake up early and workout before church this morning.  When my alarm went off, I tried to go back to sleep.  After about 10 minutes I told myself "I need to get up.  I can do this."  So, I got dressed and headed to the gym.  I was thankful that there were not very many people there so early on a Sunday morning.  I started at the elliptical.  I did 20 minutes at level one.  Starting out I felt great.  Around 10 minutes in and I was feeling a little tired.  Well, maybe more than a little, but I knew I could finish out my twenty minutes.  I was dripping with sweat.  Man, I am so out of shape.  Afterwards, I hit 3 leg machines.  I did the leg press (180 lbs) 3 sets of 12 reps, leg extension (40 lbs) 3 sets of 12 reps, leg curl (50 lbs) 3 sets of 12 reps.  Surprisingly, that felt pretty good.  I could feel that I was working, but I was not totally exhausted and my legs felt alright.  I was shocked at how weak I am though.  I know I have to build back up, and I know I will get there.  I am planning to do squats, walking lunges, and deadlifts at home later tonight. I will let you know how that goes next time.

Next was jogging intervals.  I went to a park and jogged (1 minute)/ walked (3 minutes) in intervals for 24 minutes.  That was so so.  It went better than I expected to be honest, because it had been so long since my last attempt at jogging.  It was also extremely hot...even at 8 am.  I think we were supposed to be right at 100 degrees for our high today (105 heat index).  I normally hate jogging for about a month.  After that I get excited about it.  Now I just have to make it to the end of that one month.

All in all I felt really wonderful after working out this morning.  I had energy, a smile on my face, and a sense of accomplishment.  I have to wake up even earlier tomorrow, so I was already dreading that while driving this morning.  Then the thought came to me "How bad do you want it?"  So, I will be up bright and early in the morning.  I have a feeling that my next blog might be about soreness though lol!  Have a fantastic day!

So to recap:
20 min on elliptical
Leg Press 180 lbs (3x12)
Leg Extension 40 lbs (3x12)
Leg Curl 50 lbs (3x12)
Jog/Walk Intervals (1:3) 24 min, 1.4 miles

This song came on at the end of my jog and it was perfect!
Queen: Another One Bites the Dust

No comments:

Post a Comment